The goal of this step is to transform the validated concept into a product. The most important deliverables are the preliminary tests (mechanical testing and in vitro), which are conducted on laboratory benches allowing product characterization and comparison with competing or similar devices, helping product adjustments before the final tests. Final tests include pre-clinical (in vivo tests) and clinical trials.
Activities of this stage:
• In silico simulations;
• modeling and technical drawings (CAD);
• Selection of materials and suppliers (BOM);
• Prototype testing, tooling design;
• Prototype assembly;
• Preliminary tests (mechanical and in vitro);
• Final tests (in vivo and clinical study).